Responsible Gaming with Euromillions.com
Gambling can be both entertaining and profitable however, we at Euromillions.com recognise that participating in any form of gambling can potentially lead to problems. Our main focus is to prevent you from becoming addicted to gambling and ensuring you enjoy a positive gaming experience, even if you don't win a prize.
Therefore, we have established measures such as deposit limits, amongst others, to help make sure you don't develop unhealthy gaming habits. In addition, underage gambling is strictly prohibited on Euromillions.com.
Further information on gambling and what responsible gambling means, as well as advice on what to do if you think you have a gambling problem, is available below.
What is Classed as Gambling?
GamCare defines gambling as, "taking part in a game during which you risk money, or something of monetary value, in order to win money or a prize. "
"The outcome of the game is usually down to chance, so when gambling you might leave with less money than you started off with, and sometimes with nothing at all."
What is Responsible Gambling?
Responsible gambling refers to staying in control of how much time and money you spend on gambling. Spending more time and money on gambling than you can reasonably afford indicates a gambling problem.
If you share a computer with minors then we recommend the following parental control software/internet filters which restrict access to content or websites that you may not wish your children to see. They may also assist those who suspect they have a gambling problem.
- Net Nanny at www.netnanny.com
- CYBERsitter at www.cybersitter.com
To protect minors and unauthorised access to your online account we also advise the following:
- Do not leave your computer unattended whilst logged in.
- Use the aforementioned filter software to prevent minors accessing gambling related websites.
- Keep usernames and passwords secret, as well as bank account and credit card details in a safe place.
Finally, it is illegal for anyone under the age of 18 to open an account and/or to gamble with Euromillions.com. Therefore, in our attempt to avoid underage gambling, we reserve the right to request proof of age from any customer and may suspend an account until adequate verification is received.
If you notice that a minor is registered with Euromillions.com please contact us immediately at email@example.com.
Most players consider gambling a form of entertainment and play for fun whilst establishing limits and sticking to them. However, there is a small minority that lose control. Following these simple guidelines can help make sure your gambling doesn't become a problem.
- Never consider gambling as a way to make money. It is just a form of entertainment.
- Only gamble with money you can afford to lose.
- Set spending and time limits before you start gambling.
- Never chase your losses.
- Do not play if you are depressed or upset.
- Do not play under the influence of alcohol or medication.
Finally, to help keep your gambling under control, with Euromillions.com you can set your deposit limits. If you would like to do so please contact our customer care team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Warning Signs of a Gambling Addiction
Below are some of the major warning signs that you may be addicted.
- Staying away from college or work to gamble.
- Neglecting family and friends in order to gamble.
- People criticise your gambling habits.
- Gambling to escape boredom or troubles.
- Gambling until your last penny is gone.
- Lying or concealing the amount of time and money you spend on gambling.
- Stealing or borrowing money to continue gambling or pay off gambling debts.
- Selling or pawning personal possessions to fund your gambling habits.
- Gambling more money to recover losses.
- Repeated (failed) attempts to stop or control your gambling.
- Feeling the urge to gamble more during difficult periods.
- Feeling depressed or suicidal as a result of gambling.
Help and Support
If you (or someone you know) are presenting some (or all) of the above symptoms then you may be addicted. If you are concerned you have a gambling problem then seek help immediately. Our customer care team can help set you on the right track. Alternatively, for further help and support please refer to GamCare, the UK's leading charity for gambling addicts, and their friends and family.
Helpline: (+44) 0808 8020 133
Phone: (+44) 020 7801 7000
Fax: (+44) 020 7801 7033